Veterans & Military
At Collins Aerospace, we have a long history of respect for our veterans and value the contributions they make to our success. Because we recognize and share their commitment to integrity, hard work and excellence, we actively recruit and hire veterans.
Collins Aerospace continues to be recognized by a number of organizations for our work to employ and empower veterans:
- Nominated for the Freedom Award, the U.S. Department of Defense's highest award for support of the National Guard and Reserve
- Named in the 2015 Top 25 Military Friendly Supplier Diversity Program by the National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- Named in "10 Best Corporations for Veteran-Owned Businesses" by the National Veteran Owned Business Association
- Recognized as a "Military-Friendly Employer" by G.I. Jobs magazine for the past four years
- Named in "Top 10 Companies for Veterans" by DiversityInc for the past two years
Partnering with our communities
We're also proud to sponsor the Honor Flight organization created to honor veterans for their sacrifices. Honor Flight transports our heroes to Washington, D.C., to visit and reflect at their memorials. Top priority is given to the senior veterans (World War II survivors), along with those veterans who are terminally ill.
We also support the veterans in our communities. We've partnered with the White House on their Joining Forces initiative to commit to hiring and training more veterans, and we're working nationally with Student Veterans of America to provide scholarships, mentorships, employment and benefits counseling to student veterans and alumni. In addition, we're actively engaged in supporting the Governor's Home Base Iowa initiative.
We work hard to make our facilities welcoming and inclusive for all our transitioning vets by supporting a special military and transitioning employee resource group, as well as a special program that promotes on-campus mentoring between a student veteran and employee veteran. So when you join the Collins Aerospace team, you'll know you're building your career with an organization that shares your values and values your service.