Rockwell Collins Principal Systems Engineer - Communications Products in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Products Organization. As a Principal Systems Engineer, you will design and develop communication products covering all spectrum bands, across multiple airborne and ground platforms. You will work with customers, engineering management, program management, engineering teams, production, business support groups, and subcontractors to create solutions addressing both domestic and international customer needs. As a principle systems engineer, you fill an engineering leadership position that focuses on engineering communication systems, including concept, development, and production. Additionally, you will play an integral role in developing the next generation of both networking and non-networking software defined radios, waveforms, and communication platforms.
We are seeking individuals with the technical skills and personal leadership to help enhance communications systems development. The successful candidate will participate in all phases of the product lifecycle for our communication products. Candidates must have an engineering education, with experience serving as many different roles in the design and development of complex systems, preferably military communication systems. In addition, candidates must have a history of proven leadership, coaching, mentoring, and developing people to achieve objectives beyond the norm. Key responsibilities include: communicating to multiple different levels within the organization; mentoring engineering team members, technical requirements analysis and validation; project management, systems design and architecture; integration and verification testing; leading and supporting technical collaboration among engineering design teams; resolving technical problems across functional domain areas; and development of systems related documentation.
Relocation to Cedar Rapids is required. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
Must Have Requirements:
● Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
● Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
● Demonstrated technical experience in the following:
● Systems engineering processes and tools
● Product lifecycle development
● System requirements capture and analysis
● Systems architecture definition, analysis, and design
● System requirements validation
● Demonstrated leadership of engineers to capture, design, decompose, model and translate requirements for large, complex systems
● Understanding of system validation processes for technical product development, leading the generation of test descriptions, systems evaluation, and testing of complex systems
● Demonstrated knowledge of communications engineering fundamentals, including radio transceiver architectures/designs, radio functional component blocks, performance specifications, and test methodologies
● Demonstrated ability to plan project level work to meet schedule, cost, and performance goals
● Ability to effectively manage program technical risks by evaluating requirements and design aspects
● Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management, engineering teams, program management, business development, support groups, and subcontractors
● Knowledge of systems engineering tools for requirements capture, behavioral modeling/simulation, peer reviews, configuration and change management
● Knowledge or experience in Information Assurance design
● Understanding of system validation and verification processes for Software Defined Radios with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of radio systems.
● Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
● Experience with systems modelling and simulation
● Experience with program pursuit and capture (concept development, writing and costing) including the ability to lead technical proposal preparation.
● Knowledge or experience in software development
● Ability to serve as liaison between functional discipline groups, internal stakeholders, and external customers
● Familiarity with military concepts of operations
● Domain knowledge of commercial and/or military net-centric wireless communications waveforms/protocols
● Acquainted with radio performance standards (military, commercial, FAA)
● Master's Degree in applicable engineering or science field
● Able to support occasional travel to domestic and international locations
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.