Rockwell Collins Composites Structural Design Engineer in Kilkeel (Northern Ireland), United Kingdom
Composite Structural Design Engineer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Engineering Manager
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
START DATE: Immediately
LOCATION: B/E Aerospace (UK) Ltd2 Moor Road Kilkeel Co Down BT34 4NG
The job holder will be responsible for supporting the design, and structural analysis of composite components developed on-site.
· Drive structural design optimisation initiatives to bring about cost and weight savings in all new products improving overall structural efficiency and effectiveness through geometry, material selection and use of Advanced Composite Structural Design.
· Design and create 2D and 3D Parametric Models, and associated drawings, in Unigraphics to meet and exceed the design specifications for the product
· Stress analysis of composite structures using Finite Element Modelling software and the documentation of such.
· Ensure deliverables are met and compliance is achieved with all gate reviews and project milestones
· Develop the structural design capability within the team through validation of theoretical and computational results against test.
· Development of data analysis policies and methods including statistical derivation of material design values from testing.
· Other duties as deemed relevant to the position.
· Strong Technical Expertise; the ability to provide technical guidance and advice in area of specialism
· Strong Data Analysis and Problem Solving Skills; make quality business decisions based on facts and implement effective corrective & preventative actions which are in line with business requirements.
· Results Orientation; consistently delivers against goals and objectives through managing risk and monitoring progress.
· Excellent Communication Skills; : excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships.
· Good Organisation and Prioritisation Skills; ability to effectively organise and prioritise work across a number of projects
· Team Working; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or as part of a team and ensure diversity is valued
· 3rd level qualification in Engineering or a related disciplinerd3
· 3 years relevant experience in Engineering and Design of Composite Structures
· Industrial experience of Designing on CAD
· Experience in FEM (Finite Element Modelling) of Composite Components and Structures
· 2 Year’s experience of composite materials, manufacturing techniques, testing standards and data analysis
· Experience of certification in an Aerospace environment.
Closing date for online applications is Sunday 20th May 2018. For any queries in relation to this role please contact email@example.com